Sunday 27 May 2012

3 rd Day, the return home

It was a cold, chilly and bit bumpy RIDE home. We stopped in Tiny, the Village of ... and Tiny Beach and then on to Wasaga Beach. COLD there on
May 16. The hot bowl of chicken noodle soup was very welcome at the Swiss Chalet. We geared up for rain, as it started to spit a bit, just to let us know that things could get worse. However after getting a bit confused with the signage on the way out of Wasaga Beach, we stopped for directions and removed my upper rainwear. I found it restrictive, like I was RIDING in a mummy suit, however kept the pants on for extra warmth and it sure did work. As we RODE out of Wasaga and into other small towns the sun came out which was a very welcome sight. We RODE through Orangeville and south down through Fergus, into Guelph (huge traffic jam due to construction) and onward to Clappison's Corners, Highway 5 and 6 stopping for a bite and some
hydration. The facilities were very welcome at that point. Glen and I parted ways there and I continued on Highway 5 west to Highway 52, however made a wrong turn and ended up going down Highway 8 towards Dundas. I turned around, back up to 5 and found the turn off for 52 towards Copetown. I lost approximately 1/2 hour and it ended up putting me into RIDING in the dark by the time I got to Port Dover. I prefer NOT to RIDE in the dark. Not a nice RIDE at all..... Made it home safety and it sure was nice getting home finally at 9:42 pm.

tb

No comments:

Post a Comment