Friday 18 May 2012

1st Evening & 2nd Day on Our EPIC Journey Around Georgian Bay 2012

After dinner, we took a few pictures around the TUB harbour. Explored Tobermory Harbour area ..... didn't take a whole lot of time.

Back at the Hotel, The Adventure the Bruce Inn which was billed as Tobermory's newest Inn. It was run by nice people, a husband and wife duo and were also Bikers. The rooms were spic and span, and they were very accomodating when we requested a couple of extra towels to use for the hot tub. Now the hot tub..... thats another story......needless to say, after being assured that the amenity was operating at acceptable parimeters, we were disappointing to find out the jets didn't blow worth a shit..... I went up and talked to the owner about it, as I thought perhaps I didn't turn some knob or switch the right way...... well he followed me down to the tub and said oh ya that's IT !  We had a hot tub mechanic down to fix it a couple of times and that is the best they can get out of it..... It was like one of the pumps were not operating. 

That night we retired around 10:30 pm and I was rudely awakened by Glen snoring his face off and HE said he DIDN'T snore.... ya wright !!! I was up at the crack of 4:30 am as my bowels were erupting from the Buffalo chickens I had at the Crow's Nest Pub. Anyway, needless to say, we got an early start as my shower running woke Ole Glen-Bob up...... we loaded the bikes up, and got on the road to the Chi chi mon Ferry. A short RIDE of about 2 minutes at the most. We were told to be in line at 7:40 am. We were extremely early so we went on a small tour of Tobermory and saw a bunch of cottages and a couple of squirrels. We started to load on the ferry about 8 am or so and RODE in first and tied down the bikes with ropes. Of course I was the last one to finish being new to the experience of tieing down a motorcycle (525 lbs) in a cargo hold. Two women even beat me, and I was a bit embarrassed. We went up stairs and had a good breakfast for 5.75 INCLUDING coffee and a refill too boot !
About an hour and a half later we were disembarking at South Baymouth, Manitoulin Island and RODE like madmen to Espanola. Glen said it was a 45 minute RIDE... ya wright !!!!  Try an hour and 15 minutes anyway... I don't know how these Bikers do their timing ? We had lunch in Espanola at Wendy's because all Wendy's were suppose to have WIFI, but no luck there. Onward we went, took the bypass, around Sudbury. I wish we would have had more time to stop or perhaps stay in Sudbury. I heard the poutine there at The Silver Bullet is the best in Ontario and I would have liked to do Science North again. I'm sure Glen would have liked that too. But for some reason he had to be home Wednesday night, even though he took the whole week off....... We cruised, a gruelling bumpy RIDE to Parry Sound.
It seemed like for hours. We got to next hotel the Quality Inn and Conference Centre by 5 pm or so.... had a nice dinner at the Golden Griddle, had a soothing sauna, hot tub and a swim. The we retired for the evening and got into some sun flower seeds, beers for Glen and mountain dew for me.... Glen crashed after the two beers......it worked better than any pill. Man did he snore. I also was starting to dose after trying to get on my facebook page but kept loosing connectivity. I finally turned things off and listened to the bar fridge in the room hum for awhile till I fell asleep !

1 comment:

  1. We're about to embark on another TOUR around yet another Great Lake. We are going around Lake Michigan or rather around and across it. We are taking the Ferry across from Muskegon to Milwaukee. Then up to Sault Ste Marie over to Manitoulin Island, across the ferry at South Baymouth to Tobermory, staying over in Owen Sound, Best Western and then home the next day !

    ReplyDelete